Condemn Violence Against Bangladeshi Hindus
urge lawmakers to condemn violence against Bangladeshi hindus
Take action below! Urge lawmakers in United States and Canada to condemn the violence against Bangladesh Hindus. Join CoHNA’s efforts to stand in solidarity with our Bangladeshi brothers and sisters who are facing an onslaught of violence, rape, arson and destruction of their livelihood at the hands of extremists. According to reliable sources, at least 1500 Hindus homes have been burnt, 315 Hindu temples have been vandalized and destroyed, more than 10 Hindus brutally murdered, 23 Hindu women and girls raped, hundreds have been critically injured, and hundreds of Hindu businesses and shops burned and ransacked.
Urge your Senators Congressional Representatives and Members of Parliament to condemn the violence against Bangladeshi Hindus and minorities, call upon the US Secretary of State, the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, the US Ambassador to Bangladesh and the Canadian High Commissioner in Bangladesh to condemn the violence and look into the matter with immediate effect.
Let’s make our voices heard!
DURGA PUJA VIOLENCE –
Six idols vandalized in Munshiganj Kali temple – The Dhaka Tribune
ASK: 413 attacks on Hindu households, temples per year – The Dhaka Tribune
Attacks on Bangladesh Hindus During Durga Puja 2021 – Hindu Genocide
MINORITIES IN BANGLADESH –
- ‘No Hindus will be left after 30 years’ – The Dhaka Tribune
- Silence from “South Asians”: South Asian Groups’ Response to Hindu Persecution in the Indian Subcontinent – South Asian Heritage Forum
- Bangladesh – BJHM: 107 Hindus killed, 31 forcibly disappeared in 2017 – Dhaka Tribune
- UN Human Rights Council HRC/Forum on Minority Issues – Report by Bangladesh Minority Council
- Religious minorities ‘under threat’ in Bangladesh, complicit authorities must do more – new report – Minority Rights Group International
- Hindu Temples and Homes in Bangladesh Are Attacked by Muslim Crowds – The NY Times
- Rape and torture empties the villages – The Guardian
- CAA is a humanitarian act: expat Bangladesh minorities – The Hindu